About the Society
The Home Page tree:
This semi-cascade style Colorado Blue Sprice, by Aman Hussain was chosen by visiting artist Frank Mihalic for the Best of Show Award at the 2018 Prairie State Bonsai Society Bonsai Show held at the Morton Arboretum.
Our mission is to promote the practice and art of bonsai tree care
through an exchange of experience and knowledge at meetings and
Meetings are 7:30 PM on the 1st Wednesday of each month, February
to December at the College of DuPage (COD), Glen Ellyn, IL.
News & Events for specific room locations. Visitors are
welcome. At least one presentation or demonstration at each meeting,
often from visiting Bonsai masters. Demonstration trees are raffled
at the meeting.
- Established network of fellow bonsai enthusiasts from beginner
- Guidance and assistance in developing bonsai skills from expert
- Monthly newsletter of events and bonsai articles.
- Monthly meetings with interesting informative programs.
- Borrowing rights from the PSBS library of books,
magazines and videos.
- Opportunity to use PSBS Grow Plot for training trees.
- Earliest opportunity to register for club workshops.
- Volume discounts, when available, on bonsai conventions attendance
- Periodic access to bonsai supplies at volume prices through
- Club logo merchandise
How to Become a Member:
To become a member print out and fill in this membership application then mail a check, along with the membership application, to: Prairie State Bonsai Society, PO Box 2634, Glen Ellyn, Il. 60138-2634.
Or better yet, come to a meeting and hand deliver your check and membership application.
See News & Events for meeting information
Annual memberships (join now for
membership thru March):
eMail version—Individual $30.00, Family $35.00
Ross Clark, Ivan Watters, and Ben Oki